UMAB Church Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- We believe the Bible was written by human hands under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that it is true without mixture of error, and, therefore, is the only complete revelation of the will of God
- The Bible is the only authoritative rule for faith and practice.
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- Jesus was fully human and fully God.
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- We believe in his triumphant ascension and his return in glory.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him
We believe that humans were divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience we fell from that state
- That all men therefore are guilty before God and condemned to physical and spiritual death
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God
- That by the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a propitiatory death
- That justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and ultimately perfected in the image of the Lord